Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year. Old Hat.

So we herded in the new year of 2007 with festivities at my house this year. On the list of those attending were my immediate family, Sabrina, Coby, Brett, Sarah, Ryan (J), and April. For a lot of the time we played a bunch of random games from Bubble Brain to DVD Scene It. However, we probably spent the most time playing the Nintendo Wii that I waited in line for back in November. If any of you out there haven't played it yet you really should because you can use it as an invaluable tool to persuade parents and "old folks" that video games aren't so bad after all...in fact, they may actually have some fun with it. For example, you would imagine that me, being the big video game fanatic in the household (and the fact that I own the system), that I would be playing it more than I do. Actually, Dad plays it almost as much as I do. Every game of bowling that you play, you can add a few points (usually around 20~30 points) to your overall rating. It takes 1000 points to reach "Pro" status and Dad has been Pro for at least a month and his rating has constantly gone up every time I turn on the Wii.

Anyway, back to New Years. We all played board games, the Wii and from 2:00AM to 5:30AM we played the infamous Gears of War. Brett seems to be wanting to get a 360, and so I let him play on Xbox Live for the first time during the XBLive Gears for New Years event. During one of his last matches he came back as the last person in the squad and chainsawed the last 2 members of the other team.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of all the festivities right now, but Sabrina took a ton with her new Canon SLR 30D (I think that's the name of it) camera. She takes great pictures so I'll see if I can get a bunch of those and post a link to them.

No comments: