Friday, May 25, 2007

A New Meaning For Patriotism

So it's official. I've been accepted to George Mason University's Software Engineering program for this fall. Who knew that onc sentence could change my life so much. For at least (the very least) next 2 years I'll be living in and around Fairfax, VA. For those of you who don't know, that's right near Washington D.C.. Which is a very VERY big place. I've only been there twice in my entire life so the big thing I'm going to have to get used to is living without that SWVA friendliness and with that NOVA every-man-for-himself-ness.


Luckily I won't be completely alone there as I know several people from up that way. It seems like the more people I tell, the more say "Oh I used to live near D.C.", which makes me feel a little better.


The awesome thing is that I'll have my own apartment, which will be a first. I've never been by myself away from home before, so it will definitely be a HUGE adventure.

No comments: