Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How-To #2: How To Lose Your Car or $125 in 3 Easy Steps or Less

In the city, one of the biggest problems is the traffic. Traffic is caused by a crapload of cars, trucks, busses and bycicles doing stupid things on the road. However, another big problem in the city that is also caused by all these vehicles is parking; and when there are too many people around the same parking area, it awakens an ancient monster from the deep: Frank, The Tow Truck of Doom.

So, Watson (my Honda Element), is a pretty outgoing car. He's really into the ladies, especially those bright red import sportscars. So one day I thought that I would do two things to help out some of these problem situtations that we typically run into in the city. I decided to carpool with a couple of my friends to work one day and let Watson hang out with some of the ladies at the local Safeway (a grocery story) parking lot. Don't worry, another one of my friends left their car there as a wingman for Watson.

Later that evening as arrive back at the rendezvous point, I notice that Watson seemingly has run off.

"Dude, where's my car?", I asked.
"Dude, where's my car?", my other carpooling friend asked.
"Sucks for you guys! HAHAHA", my driving friend answered.

"Sigh..."

I later learn that my poor, poor friend Watson was manhandled earlier that evening by burly man in a tow truck and taken off to the yard.

Thirty minutes and $125 later, I am reunited with my scrap metal friend and we drive off into the sunset together...late for class.

So, if you want to lose your car, or $125, carpool to work and leave your car in a random parking lot...making sure the manager sees you and your friends leaving in a different car. Mission Accomplished.


No comments: